How Can You Help?
I am so glad you asked. There are several ways riders and non-riders can help.
- Most of the events require riders to have lights and reflective gear. You can help with inspection and signing brevet cards showing they passed
- Help with registration on the day of the event.
- Photography. Can you take some photos of the riders at the start? If you have a digital camera, how about taking some photos during the ride and
sending them to the RBA who will post them, along with your name (if you want).
- Staff a control. Sign riders brevet cards at a check spoint and provide encouragement to the riders as they pass through.
- Provide support, and/or bag drop during a 600k event. Gas and a shared hotel room provided.
- Take some brochures to bicycle shops near you.
- At the end of the season, I can always use help attaching brevet stickers to cards, sorting cards and getting everything packaged up and mailed out.
This task is very time consuming, and help here would be greatly appreciated.
If you can help, give the RBA a call, or drop him an e-mail. Your help is greatly appreciated.